Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why in the world was I saving all this?

The project of relocating my shop has made me realize I am a wood hoarder! Just like those poor folks on TLC "Hoarders" I have been collecting "important and potentially useful" pieces of wood.

While I was deciding what to move and what to dispose of, I realized that I had so many little left overs that I would be better off disposing of all these scraps. Now it seems quite foolish to have saved them.

So, with this realization, I filled up several totes with small scraps and created our first fire of the winter.

This move is proving beneficial on many levels: being able to access my shop more often, cleaning and reorganizing both the old shop area into a useful garage and the basement into a nicer area, and now, enjoying a fire from the hoarded wood.