Tuesday, January 1, 2008

OT - New Year's Resolutions - Books


I recently published my list of wood working projects I wanted to complete during 2008. That was only one of several resolutions that I made and shared with my wife. One of those additional goals was to read at least 36 books during 2008.

I learned this year that reading is one of those things I do easily when I am in a good frame of mine. It is also one of those activities I abandon quickly when I get depressed or overly anxious. Over the last 3 years I have kept a list of the books I have read. My best year was 35 books in 2006. This past year was about 10 less - and a good barometer for a stress-filled year.

Additionally I have watched as my son, Eric, set and achieved a goal of 52 books during 2007. As of the last night of 2007 he was working on the 52nd book! I hope he reports today that he made it.

Anyway, my goal for 2008 is to read at least 36 books. One better than my previous best. I am starting this year with City Adrift . It is a compilation of journalists' investigative reports on various aspects of Hurrican Katrina's impact upon New Orleans.

I have several best seller books on reserve at the library and a couple 2007 left overs on my bookshelf to get me started.

No comments: