Friday, January 13, 2012

Shop wall goes up

While I have continued bringing small items from the old shop to my new one, the wall dividing my shop from the rest of the basement has been built.
There are two access doors in the wall - one for general entrance and one for a potential bathroom in the basement.
There are also multiple outlets along the area where an additional workbench and wall cabinets will be located and outlets around the area for my lathes and drill press.
This picture shows the wall. I am standing about where my large lathe will be. Behind me are shelving units of turning blanks and current projects.
I will now bring up the fluorescent lighting fixtures from the old shop and position them around work areas. I am close to ready for the move of the big machinery. I am getting excited and still believe the end of January is a good estimate for completion.