Monday, February 16, 2009

A sneak preview

I spent several days at the lake wood shop working on a variety of projects. I turned several more bottle stoppers and packed up the remaining pieces and parts for another time. I used several of the yellow plastic stopper kits and used them as stoppers for vinegar/oil bottles.

I also worked on rough cutting the pieces for the post office box trucks. Poplar for the test pieces and cherry and walnut for the final products. I have to clean many of the post office box doors and I am sure there are several sizes, so I will clean and apply a finish to the doors before I start the final cut to size for the wood.
Finally, I couldn't wait any longer to use the sharpening station. So, I installed the casters and attached the top so that I could mount the grinder and sharpen a couple gouges. I'll have to disassemble the top so that I can install the case back and interior divider. It will be nice to have a permanent set up for the grinder.



No comments: