Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Projects become 2009 Ideas

Last year at this time I created a notebook that had all of the wood working projects that I wanted to do in 2008. And I even made a resolution, "I will complete all of my wood working projects.
Well, life intervened and I was redirected to different activities for a large part of the year. And I also discovered that I was picking up new project ideas and working on them instead of the projects on my list.
So, this year my resolution is much more general - to enjoy working on projects in my shop. And it gets more to the heart of why I spend time in the shop without setting number goals.
Aside from the old resolution, I had a good time learning this year. I spent a lot more time wood turning and completed a number of projects on the lathe. So maybe by concentrating on enjoying the projects instead of just how many I completed, I will make room for more learning and for new discoveries.

No comments: