Sunday, September 23, 2007

Eight months between posts?

I have to admit that my woodworking has taken a back seat to almost everything else in my life. A few weeks ago my wife and I had a heart-to-heart talk about how much other life situations were depressing me and how I had gradually just stopped doing any woodworking. It was an eye-opening conversation for me: I was neglecting one activity that would help relax me and put thing back in balance.
So for the last few weeks I have gradually resumed working in my shop. I have made great strides in organizing my workshop at the lake and moving some smaller tools and accessories from the Wooster house to the lake. As my wood working activities have increased, my spirits have improved. What a dunce I was to not see this myself.
Anyway, I will start posting some of my activities and projects. I am working on more beer carriers to be part of Christmas presents. Also in the mill are some really elegant looking chopping blocks from a pattern on the Wood Whisperer. Two other projects that will be finished quickly are a set of outside steps for the Wooster porch and an auxillary fence for my table saw. As I finish each project I will post pictures and information.
It is really nice to be back in the shop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are able to get back into your woodworking. It's too easy to forget about "fun" stuff - then when you resume, you realize what you were missing...